So, you wanna know about investment crowdfunding, huh? Maybe you’ve heard about the SEC voting on something called Title III of the JOBS Act, and are wondering what that really means. Maybe you’re looking for a little more context and history on this whole investment crowdfunding business.
Well, look no further. Small Change has put together a concise list of links designed to help you navigate both the history of investment crowdfunding and the impact it will have (and has already made) – from its nascent beginnings to its rapid rise as a $2.5 billion industry to today’s historic SEC ruling that allows everyone, both accredited and non-accredited investors, to participate.
A Concise History of Investment Crowdfunding:
- Real Estate Crowdfunding Seen Topping $2.5 Billion in ’15 (Bloomberg)
- A Brief History of the JOBS Act and Equity Crowdfunding (Forbes)
- Developer of the Tiny House on her new venture: equity crowdfunding (Next Pittsburgh)
- Title II and III of the JOBS Act (Crowdability)
- SEC To Vote On Title III Equity Crowdfunding Rulings (Forbes)
- SEC Finally Issues Crowdfunding Rules (Pittsburgh Business Times)